Thinking to retire to PEI

by Sharon McGill
(London ON)

Hi there - so happy you have found such joy. Question - I am in Ontario too - London - how does it work retiring from another province - do you still recieve your gov't and provincial pensions?

Comments for Thinking to retire to PEI

Click here to add your own comments

Re: New Directions...
by: Linda from LifeinPEI

Greetings to you in London, Ontario.

I'm sorry it took so long to answer your question. Your post got lost in the shuffle and I only saw it today! (July, 2023).

I would suggest that you look for a place in the Queens County area of PEI. It is the central region of the province and if you can find something closer to Charlottetown, that would help you as far as being close to amenities.

I hope that helps. Please reach out if you'd like me to connect you to a good real estate agent.

All the best with your new adventure.


New directions
by: Linda

Hi: I am 64 and living in London, Ontario and am looking for a new home in PEI. I like gardening, nature, music, art, good food, and easy assessibilify to groceries etc. wondering if you have any thought as to where I can start. Big change in my life after 45 years, so need a soft landing somewhere. Thanks

Hello Sharon re: Government Pensions
by: Linda

Hi Sharon from London, Ontario.

You will still be able to receive your Old Age Security and Canada Pension Plan payments if you move from Ontario to Prince Edward.

All you have to do is change your address at the Canadian Government's website here.

Hope that helps.
All the best with your move to the island.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Living in Prince Edward Island.